Friday 31 October 2008

You can just taste it now...

I know.. It's been a while since I've written anything here but to be honest, I haven't felt like I have anything to write about since the Pumpkin soup incident.. (silly accident with a blender and my finger... it's alright, it's still intact but I haven't had the same relationship with my blender since).

Not that I have stopped cooking. In fact, it's quite the opposite.. just I haven't really felt like talking about it. So don't worry, E has been well fed with apple and red fruit crumbles, dark chocolate biscuit cake, spicy pumpkin soup (using my food processor - no danger of catching fingers there!).

Also I'm in the middle of the translation of the recipe book by the Michellin-starred Catalan chef, so maybe so much translation has fulfilled my food thoughts! It's a great book, some of the recipes are really good - simple and easy to do but look great (like fried egg and black pudding ravioli - sounds weird but really good).

Anyway.. on my investigations for the translation, I came across a really cool site. Essentially it's aimed at the trade but the photography is amazing! The company's called Gastromedia and they have a portal that provides top quality photographs for advertising, publishing companies etc. Gastrofoto. There's some really good stuff there, some photos a bit so-so but there's some really great shots like this one. Makes the mouth water, which is what it is all about!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails